Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lamington Towers



I saw it first on Ria's blog and it was on my list of 'must attempt'. Then Lesa my friend in Singapore, tried the same for her husband's bday and she sent me pictures of the one she baked with love....and I just knew my mum in law would be delighted at this fancy looking cake if I too baked it. The best part is I got my little one to help me make little flags out of tooth picks and a napkin corner to adorn our tower...and mum in law was impressed by all means..


Things you'd need:
Plain Cake
Chocolate Coating
Dessicated coconut




For the cake
Ingredients:
All purpose flour- 2cups
Eggs-2
Baking powder-2 heaped tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Salt-1/4 tsp
Butter-125 g 
 Caster Sugar-7 tbsp 
Milk-1 1/4 c
Vanilla extract-1/2-1 tsp


Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.  Beat butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon till light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one by one and beat it well after each addition. Add flour and milk alternately starting and ending with flour. Add in the vanilla extract. If the batter is thick, add more milk and make it to the right consistency. Pour into a prepared square pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 35 mins. Cool and cut the cake into small 2x2 inch squares.

For the chocolate coating
Butter-1 1/2 tbsp
Sugar-3c, powdered
Cocoa powder-3 heaped tbsp 
Water-3/4 c

Mix sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl.  Boil water and butter together. Add this to the sugar-cocoa mix and stir well . Chocolate coating is ready. 

7 comments:

  1. I had bookmarked it from Ria's space too..donno when I am going to try it.Looks so so good,esp with the bday flags on it.I am sure your mil gave you enough Brownie points..hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and delicious lamingtons..beautiful that is really a fancy cake,very creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks so delicious,..will try this,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decadent treat for a choc-coconut lover. Looks cute with the flags Ally! My son and my 3-year old daughter too of late, have begun to insist they 'help' me with decoration and even food arrangement for the blog:-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done it perfectly, Ally!! Thanks for the mention. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey cousin!!! where did u get the dessicated coconut from...my road block to this recipe :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...