Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creme Caramel



For a hot afternoon, there's nothing like the caramelly smoothness of this custard to do you some good. I baked this in the morning before I left for church and then refrigerated it so that we can enjoy a cold dessert right for the afternoon! And by evening the rest of the cream caramel was wasted away because the plate just dropped from the fridge..all over the floor....shattered. Call it a major slip of fingers. But we still had dessert looking at the brighter side of the story....

Ingredients:
For the caramel:
Sugar - 1/4 cup

For the custard
Eggs - 3medium
Sugar - 1/4cup
A pinch of salt
Milk - 1 1/2 cups
Vanilla Essence - 1tsp

Grease 4 ramekins (I didn't have ramekins instead used an oven proof dish for my custard). Heat the sugar until it becomes a brown caramel and pour this into the prepared dish/ ramekins. Using a beater beat the eggs  and sugar till lemon colored. Add the milk, vanilla and combine well and pour into the dish/ ramekin. Pour hot water into a pan and immerse the baking dish / ramekin and bake in a preheated oven at 150C for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool and then refrigerate. Loosen the custard from the mould/ dish and invert just before serving.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely !! that looks mouthwatering, Ally... and oh oh..sad to know that it fell on the flour :(
    And by the way, loved your new profile pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh so bad it got wasted!!!! this flan is my hub's n daughter's favorite.. been thinking on making this.. i had added cocoa powder once after reading it at Passionate About Cooking.. tat also turned out to be good... n just like Deeba, I did it in pressure cooker. I read somewhere in a magazine, puddings r the best way to keep children eat egg n milk which is quite true as my li'l one gorges on this but does eat eggs otherwise only once in a while.

    Nice profile snap.. u luk spunky n smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time fav pudding..So easy and delicious one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, what a pity that the plate fell down!!! the crème looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...can't take my eyes off....yummy yummy. Sad that you couldn't relish all :(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great.. and I won't mind a fix like this one any time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soo good...I usually make mine with condensed milk and equal measures of milk...that makes it very soft and thick...
    Simi
    itsallaboutfood.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no..Creme caramel gone waste..sigh!!It looks so good Ally,and the way you've described it-a cool dessert on a hot day,has got me craving for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have alovely space.the pictures look delich.Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Ally,

    nice caramel..looks delicious...and ur display pic is ausim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Looks yummy.I am drooling over it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time in my space. Would love to hear your reviews and comments!

Love,
Ally

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...